About Luangsay Lodge
Built along the Mekong River, 1 km from Pakbeng Village half way between HoueiSay and Luang Prabang.
- The construction is of tropical hardwood in the Lao traditional style and decoration - 19 rooms + restaurant, bar and central terrace linked by gangways.
- Each pavilion has a terrace offering a fabulous view over the Mekong river and Valley. Each pavilion has private toilet / shower room and hot water. (1 bedroom and 2 bedrooms pavilions). 24h electricity supply, by 2 silent running generators.
- LuangSay Lodge hired a dance teacher to teach Khamu and Hmong people tribal dancing, which is now performed regularly. The Lodge also supports the financing of local musical instruments. Dancers and musicians are now able to earn their living without sacrificing their culture and traditions, as LuangSay was able to revive these old traditions for them which had been lost from the Pakbeng area.
A stay at the Luang Say Lodge is worth the trip itself. Built on the shores of the Mekong River (on the Laos side) in the traditional Lao style of solid wood, this elegantly appointed lodge features:
- 16 pavilions with a total of 19 rooms and 38 beds.
- 180 degree open-shudder window views of the lush riverside gardens and Mekong valley.
- Private shower bathrooms with western toilets and hot water.
- Individual fans and mosquito netting.
- A restaurant terrace overlooking the Mekong.
About Luangsay Boats
The safety and comfort of the Luang Say boats are truly the envy of all other river travelers in the region as they provide the perfect setting for leisurely river travel. With 34 metre steel hulls, they feature:
- Modern safety equipment and lifejackets.
- A capacity of 40 comfortable seats each, with an open air vista and lounge furniture.
- Ample luggage space and porters.
- Games and reading materials.
- Immaculately clean western style toilets.
- A fully-stocked bar.
Day 1: Houeisay – Pakbeng (L, D)
Luangsay Boatleaves HoueiSay pier at 09:00 hrs for a cruise down the Mekong to Pakbeng. En route one stop is made to observe rural life along the Mekong and discover minorities, a buffet lunch on board. Arrive in Pakbeng before sunset and check-in at Luangsay Lodge. Dinner on the terrace, overlooking the Mekong River.
Day 2: Pakbeng – Pak oucave – Luang Prabang (B, L)
Full breakfast at lodge. (Optional: walk to Pakbeng market, where people from the surrounding village of minorities exchange their goods). At 08:30 board the boat for the second leg of the cruise. A short stop is made to visit a hill-tribe village where you can watch the traditional process of Lao whiskey production before having a buffet lunch on board. Continue to Pak Ou village at the mouth of the Nam Ou River, where you visit Tam Ting “Caves of a Thousand Buddha’s”. Arrive at Luang Prabang before sunset.
2 days cruise with stops and visits en route.
2 lunches during the cruise.
1 night at Luangsay Lodge with breakfast and dinner (s).
Entrance fees at Tam Ting Caves (Pak Ou) and police fees en-route.
Airfares & airport taxes
Pre/post trip arrangement
Visa and visa arrangement
Other personal expenses